Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Here We Go Again

Today I decided to give myself a kick up the butt; I’ve started banging out a proposal for my Masters thesis. I am both terribly excited and petrified when I think about it, so that’s a good thing. Yes?

It took me the better part of the whole day to get out about 500 words, but I think it went well. I’m happy that I’m able to include aspects of undergraduate Religious Studies as well, even if it ends up meaning that I might have to have dual supervisors from two different faculties.

I need to remind myself to breathe. I have a lot on my plate, but it’s all good stuff. I just wish there were more hours in the day and that my brain could function at at least twice (thrice would be nice) the capacity it is currently capable of.

Picture courtesy of Brian’s Guide

2 comments:

Mashugenah said...

Cool. What's the topic? Who are your likely supervisors?

Lynne Jamneck said...

I'm still formulating. It's coming together slowly. I'm so glad the proposal only has to be one page long.

Writing As Ritual In Fantastical Fiction.


I'm equating the creative process with states of trance.

Yeah...

There's a likelihood that I'll need dual supervision from both the ENGL and the RELI faculties. But the cool thing is that I get to combine both my undergrad majors. I have a meeting with Harry Ricketts after the break; he may be a suitable advisor. also, Brian (Opie) perhaps.

How about you? Thought any further about Masters yourself?