Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hear That? That's The Sound of a Fangirl SQUUEE!!

I hardly ever get so excited about movies anymore that I can't wait for them to open in theaters. Last time that happened was with the Lord of the Rings trilogy. But seriously, have you seen the new international three minute trailer for PROMETHEUS?

LOOK AT IT

Did you pee your pants in excitement? Firstly, the impressive cast -- Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, and Idris Elba. Also, "Meredith Vickers" is the best damn character name I have heard in ages, and Charlize Theron looks like the perfect cold-blooded Weyland-Yutani bitch, ice-colored hair slicked back and not a ruffle out of place. (Until LATER!!) And is that the space jockey near the end scaring the bejesus out of Elizabeth Shaw?!

I'm a huge fan of the Alien franchise. Each film has aspects that I like, though, if pressed, the original will always be my favourite for the unrelenting and oppressive claustrophobia it maintains throughout. Looking at the trailer for Prometheus, I really appreciate the sense of scope, seeing the horseshoe spaceship in more detail, and the promise of finally finding out more about the origins of the space jockey(s).

CAN'TWAITCAN'TWAITCAN'TWAITCAN'TWAITCAN'TWAITCAN'TWAITCAN'TWAITCAN'T


No comments: