Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stand-Up Fundies: Help!

Jean Carroll was the first truly famous female stand-up comedian. My dad had "look...a coat" on vinyl record, and I remember listening to it as a kid. When I got older, I started appreciating the real-life comedy of Carroll's routines; tame (some would say lame) in comparison to what is considered "funny" today, there's something about the way Carroll tells a story and delivers a punchline that's both heart-warming and hilarious at the same time.

Somewhere between all the moving and changing countries, my dad's record disappeared. I had a back-up copy on tape, but that has vanished into the ether as well; not that it would have lasted long, because I had worn it out as much as I dared after record players started going out of fashion and you couldn't find replacement needles anymore.

I've been trying to find a digital copy of "look...a coat"(the entire album) for forever. Do you know where I can possibly try next? Do you have a copy. Do you know someone who does? Please HELP! I'd be extremely grateful.

No comments: